Operations and Algebraic Thinking
- Use the four operations with whole numbers to solve problems.
Number and Operations in Base Ten
- Generalize place value understanding for multi‐digit whole numbers.
- Use place value understanding and properties of operations to perform multi‐digit arithmetic.
Number and Operations – Fractions
- Extend understanding of fraction equivalence and ordering.
- Build fractions from unit fractions by applying and extending previous understandings of operations on whole numbers.
- Understand decimal notation for fractions, and compare decimal fractions.