Social Studies With your teacher and advocate
Hello Students, Parents and/or Guardians,
This year in History we will be studying many diverse
cultures. We will travel to ancient
In order for all to succeed throughout the year every student must follow class and school rules, come prepared to work in every class and complete assignments to the best of their ability. The following guidelines will be beneficial in keeping you organized and “on board” throughout the year.
Attendance: Regular and prompt attendance is necessary for success. Excessive absences will result in a lower grade. Some activities may not be made up if you are absent. Make up assignments will not always be available (ie. group work) If you are absent, make up your work as soon as possible. On the same day you return:
§ Ask a RESPONSIBLE student about the homework and class assignments
§ Get all handouts from the teacher and ask any questions.
§ Complete your missing work as soon as possible and come in for extra help before/after school.
Assignments: Homework is an important part of your success in our class. You will be given homework Monday - Thursday with occasional projects. These must be written in your student planner. On the occasions when we are engaged in active history (group projects, class dramas, skits) there may be less homework during those days. The majority of work will be completed in your spiral notebook. Any long range papers or projects are due on the day they are assigned. No exceptions. Homework questions should be asked before or after class. Proper heading in top right corner (Name, date, WH followed by class period) should be on all work not in notebook. Late work will not be accepted. Missing assignments will be given a zero. Time can be arranged for extra help when needed.
1. Must be neat, organized and no loose pages
2. All work must be complete and effort to show quality
3. No blank areas or pages are accepted, you can add extras in those areas with information related to the current unit of study. (examples like highlight a person, clarify vocabulary, draw pictures)
4. Be organized by having page numbers, clear headings, straight lines and graphs
5. Use color to enhance (color key vocabulary, outline charts, color headings, pg. #’s, add pictures)
6. Be creative and add pictures where you can!
7. Complete the summary and get parent/ guardian signature at end of the unit.
8. All notebooks will be collected at the time of the unit test. Parent/ Guardian Signature on cover page of each unit.
Show respect towards your peers, teachers and all staff.
Treat all property with respect. Keep your hands off property that does not belong to you.
Respect different opinions by listening and giving positive responses.
OBEY ALL SCHOOL RULES
Absolutely NO GUM on campus
Eating and drinking are only allowed outside
Obey the dress code and follow the planner guidelines
Please take care of all personal hygiene needs outside of class during breaks/ lunch
DO YOUR BEST
Be ON TIME, bring all needed supplies
Be ready to work, keep up on all assignments, complete work with proper heading
ask questions, arrange time with teacher for extra help
Keep a positive, CAN DO, attitude and you will succeed!
Consequences 1. Verbal or non-verbal warning
2. Personal Conference with teacher
3. Teacher calls Parents/ Guardians
4. In class detention after school and/ or referral
Grading policy: Grading will be based on student participation, tests, quizzes and class projects. Occasional extra credit will be given. Any homework signed will be one point extra credit (these points add up!) Grading will be based on total points earned.100 – 90 % A, 89-80 % B, 79-70% C, 69-55% D, 54-0% F.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any comments or concerns. The school phone number is (209)847-2294 or email at email@example.com Please review this sheet with your parents and sign below. I look forward to knowing all of you and to having a fun and adventurous journey on our path to learning! Go Rams!
Print Student Name________________________________________ Class period_________
Parent / Guardian: ________________________________________________