Procedures for Mrs. Brink’s Classroom
There will be many procedures that the students will be expected to follow in class. These procedures are designed to help the students succeed, in addition to helping our class run more smoothly. Some of the procedures are listed on the following pages.
1. Backpacks are to be placed under your desk at your feet. Please do not leave them in the aisle. Get everything you need from your backpack at the beginning of class.
Foods class: Please place backpack ON your chair when we go into the kitchens!
2. Entering the classroom: Students will enter the classroom quietly, take their assigned seat, and begin copying the agenda into their PLANNER. They will sit quietly until the teacher begins speaking to the class.
3. Long hair needs to be worn up during cooking labs (males and females included.)
4. Ending the class:
v We will use the last minute of class to put everything away, unless I instruct you to do otherwise. Please do not pack up early, even if you are finished with your assignment!
v Please leave your work area cleaner than you found it.
v WAIT for the teacher to dismiss the class.
q If you have a pass, bring it to the teacher and sit down quietly.
q If you do not have a pass, sign in on the tardy explanation sheet when you enter the classroom. It is located on the file cabinet below the TV. Please do not announce why you are tardy, it will be written on the paper.
q Go to your seat quietly, sit down and begin working.
6. Movement Around the Room: You are to remain in your seat. If you need to get up to get supplies, etc., do so quietly and return to your seat.
7. Goofing around and horseplay are not appropriate for class! Students will be warned, followed by parent contact and the third incidence will result in a referral, which is a 2 day suspension from class. The suspension will be served during cooking labs.
8. Gum is not allowed in class! Students identified chewing gum will be warned, followed by parent contact, and the third incidence will result in a referral, which is a suspension from class. Please leave the gum at home.
9. Using the restroom:
· Request permission to use the restroom. (Please do not do so when the teacher is instructing class.)
· When you have permission to leave for the restroom, tear out a pass and leave the room quietly. When you return, tear the pass in half and throw it away.
**NOTE: Creating a disturbance while leaving or re-entering the classroom may result in loss of restroom privileges.
10. Sharpening a pencil: Quietly get up, go to the sharpener, sharpen the pencil and return to your seat without stopping to talk to others in the class. Please DO NOT sharpen colored pencils in the sharpener.
11. Returning to class after an absence:
· Copy the current agenda.
· Go to the student binder and check the agenda for the day you were absent, then obtain a copy of any handouts you may have missed while you were absent.
· Return to your seat and immediately begin your assigned task for the day.
12. You must be working at all times. When you complete your assigned work for the day you should:
ü Work on any unfinished assignments for this class. Check through your notebook and make sure everything is finished.
ü If all assignments for this class are finished, you may work on homework from another class.
ü Organize your notebook.
ü Read a book.
ü You must be working on something!
· When we have a sub, normal procedures apply. You are to follow all school rules and guidelines set forth for this classroom.
· When the sub is in the class, they are the ultimate authority. Follow all the sub’s instructions even if it is not how we usually do things. Always be supportive of the sub and do not offer advice on how the class is run unless you are asked for it.
14. Kitchens are to be cleaned thoroughly following guidelines set forth by Mrs. Brink. Failure to do so will result in loss of kitchen privileges.
15. Students with a grade below 70% will not be allowed to participate in cooking labs until the grade is brought up to 70%.
16. If you intend to take food from the class, you will need to bring a container!! You will not be given plastic wrap, aluminum foil, etc., to carry your food out of class. Please make a note in your planner to bring a container when we start cooking.
17. Foods II: Text books-Each student will be assigned a textbook to use in class. Any damage or defacing of that book will be the students responsibility and a fine will be assessed.
Parents and Students:
Please sign below indicating that you have read through and understand the procedures. If you have any questions, please contact me via email, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Parent Signature Date
Student Signature Date
**This form must be signed by parent/guardian and the student and then returned to Mrs. Brink by the third day of class.